Security System Installation in Springfield, Missouri
YOUR TECH SOURCE FOR FIBER CABLE INSTALLATION AND SPLICING SERVICES
For decades, business owners in Springfield, MO have not given much thought to the speed of their network. The only requirements have been that business devices be connected, reliable, and available for access.
Today, fiber optic cabling options offer increased speed as well as improved security and better reliability.
With fiber wifi, your information is carried from your devices via laser signaling to the Optical Network Terminal (ONT), which converts the optical data signal to an electrical one for exporting to the web.
WHY FIBER OPTIC CABLING?
Fiber optic cabling offers higher bandwidth than copper, with speeds of 60 terabytes-per-second, compared to coppers 10 Gigabyte-per-second rate. Fiber optics use photons that move at the speed of light, compared to traditional copper cabling that relies on electrons which move more slowly at less than 1% of the speed of light.
Unlocking faster speeds allows employees to work faster with less server wait time. It also opens the door for higher-quality work: larger images and higher resolution video can be transferred much more quickly, removing prior network limitations.
With copper cabling, there was the possibility of wires being spliced to provide physical access to your network. Fiber optic cables are made of glass, which makes them more difficult to physically intercept without crushing, making it more difficult for hacking or espionage.
Should an attempt be made to infiltrate a wire physically, line monitoring will quickly pick up on the effort and alert your information technology team. A fiber optic network provides secure internal transfer of information with lowered risks of physical interception.
Interference from electrical signals has always been a problem with traditional copper paired wiring. Most trained installers have mastered the art of keeping network wiring away from existing electrical wires. However, if a cable installer is lazy, or physical limitations of a building are non-negotiable, the nearby electrical signals can interfere with traditional network cabling.
Since fiber optic cabling uses lasers to transmit signals, it is less likely to be impacted by the surrounding environment. Fiber optic signaling provides better uptime, more reliability, and less expense troubleshooting “ghosts” inside the system.
With traditional ethernet cabling, the accepted lifespan was around 10-15 years.
Fiber optic cabling enjoys a longer expected lifespan with a generally expected projected lifespan of 25 years. Most tax depreciation calculations estimate at least a 15-year lifespan.
A fiber optic network system can offer cost savings in fewer repairs and replacements over time, but the true cost savings is probably more than you’d expect for switching from ethernet to fiber optic wifi.
TECHTREE PARTNERS IS PROUD TO OFFER A FULL LINE OF
FIBER OPTIC NETWORK SERVICES INCLUDING:
- Fiber Optic Cabling – We can help you design and install business fiber and structured cabling.
- Fusion Splicing – Connecting fiber optic cabling requires the use of a fusion splicer. Our team is trained in proper fiber optic wire splicing to ensure that there is no diffraction of the signal. We can also assist in the physical repairs of existing fiber optic networks.
- OTDR Testing – Optical Time Domain Reflectometer allows us to measure your network for integrity, detect splice problems and identify signal loss. If you are having issues with your system, our technicians are trained in isolating and repairing your network problem.
- Fiber Optic Cable Types – Plenum, Riser, OSP, Direct Burial, Armored, Gel-filled, Gel-free, Dry Water Block, Indoor/Outdoor, Aerial
- Connector Types – ST, SC, LC, MTRJ
Some of our current projects include:
Large Corporate Fiber Optic Network
Small Business Conversions
Fiber to Desktop
Rack Mount Installations